The time after class 12th can feel uncertain and overwhelming for us and it is completely normal for it to be so. The transitioning from childhood to preparation for adulthood can be a little stressful. With too many options and too little time, it can feel suffocating but worry not. Because this process is easier with us. We are there to help you to make sure that you do not feel burdened by this wonderful stage. The doubts and jitters are only scary as they come. With knowledge and confidence there is nothing in this world that you cannot do.
When we think about career options, we are surrounded by the conventional and unconventional options alike. Being decisive about what you want is very important as the continuing years will be depended on this single choice. Whether it is being engineer, doctor, full time artist, actor or serve our country, we will be there with you through this decision making process because we understand the importance of making the right choice at such delicate time.
Choosing a specific field after 12th standard can be confusing. Since our whole life and our career is totally dependent on the path you choose the competitive exams, you decide to take after your Class 12th. We are there to help you to make it a wise choice.
There are a various competitive exams in India that you can pick from, both regionally and nationally, to get into the best Universities and colleges of engineering, designing, medical, agriculture, pharmacy and so much more. We have laid it out for you to make it easier.
Here is a list of some of the most popular competitive exams you can apply for after qualifying class 12th board examination:
Competitive Exams After 12th In Engineering stream:
there are several examinations available, nationally, and specifically for you to get admission in the top-notch colleges and universities of India.
- Joint Entrance Examination (JEE) Mains: It is a common entrance test conducted to select the candidates for the Admission in B. E./B. Tech., B. Arch., B. Planning in NITs, IIITs, and other participating institutes. It is also the preliminary exam that should be qualified for appearing in JEE Advanced. You ca apply for it online on: nic.in
- JEE Advanced:Students who qualified the JEE Main can only appear for JEE Advanced which is conducted for admission to UG engineering programs in the prestigious IITs, IISc, ISM Dhanbad and a few other institutes. This can be applied for on Online mode: iitd.ac.in
- BITSAT :BITSAT is conducted to select students for admission in engineering and other science programs in BITS Pilani, BITS Goa, and BITS Hyderabad. This can be applied on Online mode: com
- State-Level Engineering Colleges: there are other specific entrance exams for engineering conducted at the state level by the state universities. They can be applied on online mode on the below mentioned websites:
- Andhra Pradesh:nic.in
- West Bengal:in
- Gujarat – CET: gseb.org
- Jammu and Kashmir: jakbopee.org
- Uttar Pradesh: nic.in
Competitive Exams After 12th In Medical stream: there are various competitive examinations available, nationally, and specifically for you to get admission in the top-notch medical colleges and universities of India.
- National Eligibility Cum Entrance Test (NEET) : This is a premedical entrance exam conducted to select students for MBBS/BDS for colleges all over India. It can be applied through online mode: nic.in
- AIIMS:This exam is specifically conducted to select students for MBBS/BDS programs in AIIMS. The eligibility to apply here that the students must have qualified at least first division in their Class 12. It can be applied trough online mode: org
Defence Services Entrance Exams After 12th: there are several competitive examinations available to make career in defence of India.
- Indian Maritime University Common Entrance Test:Students appearing for this can secure admission to Diploma in Nautical Science (DNS) leading to B.Sc. (Nautical Science) through this entrance test. Students can also get entry into B. Tech in ‘Marine Engineering’ & ‘Naval Architecture & Ocean Engineering’ through this exam. It can be applied for through online mode: edu.in
- Indian Navy B.Tech Entry Scheme:Admission in Indian Navy B.Tech. course. It has eligibility that candidate must be Class 12th This can be applied for through online mode: joinindiannavy.gov.in
- Indian Army Technical Entry Scheme (TES): It is a technical entry exam to get admission into the Indian Army. The eligibility criteria is for the student to be Class 12th passed with PCM as main subjects. This can be applied for through online mode: nic.in
- National Defence Academy and Naval Academy Examination (I):This is competitive exam conducted for the selection of students in the Indian Defence Academy. It can be applied for through online mode: nic.in
Entrance Examinations After 12th In Fashion And Design: there are several examinations available, nationally and specifically, for you to get admission in the top-notch colleges and universities of India.
- National Institute Of Fashion Technology (NIFT) Entrance Test: This exam is conducted for the students who want to make career in Design, Management, and Technology in NIFT. Students appearing must have passed Class 12th or candidates who have completed graduation can also apply for this exam by both online and by post. Website: ac.in
- National Institute Of Design Admissions: for the students to get admission into 4-year GDPD and 2.5 Year PGDPD. Students must have passed Class 12th, and graduated candidates can also apply for the post-graduation.This can be applied for through by post only.
- All India Entrance Examination for Design (AIEED): Students who want admission in 4-year UG level programs in Design. Students who are inClass 11th and 12th or passed out are eligible for this exam. It can be applied for through Online mode: com
Competitive Exams After 12th In Social Sciences: there are several examinations available, nationally and specifically, for you to get admission in the top-notch colleges and universities of India.
- Banaras Hindu University: one of the reputed University of India offers several Undergraduate courses in Social Sciences in BHU. Can be appliedOnline: in
- IIT Madras Humanities And Social Sciences Entrance Examination (HSEE):This is for the students who want admission in integrated Master of Arts (M.A.) programs in IIT Madras. Can be applied Online: iitm.ac.in
- TISS Bachelors Admission Test (TISS-BAT) :This is conducted for the student who want to take admission in B.A. Social Sciences. It has three campuses of TISS – Tuljapur, Guwahati and Hyderabad, in India. Can be applied for Online mode: edu/admissions
Law Entrance Exams After 12th
- Common-Law Admission Test : One of the most popular competitive exam for law aspirants. Students who want to get admission into B.A. LL.B (Hons), B.Com. (Hons), BBA LL.B (Hons) courses in India. Can be applied byPost and Online: ac.in
- All India Law Entrance Test (AILET) : . Students who want to get admission to B.A., LL.B. (Hons.), L.L.M, PhD in Law. Students who are inClass 12, 12+, LLB, L.L.M can apply. Can be applied by Both Post and Online: ac.in
Now that we gave you several ideas and options to choose from the most popular exams in different streams, it is time for you to decide in the career you are interested in and start the preparation for the exam accordingly.
None of these exams are impossible to crack. With the right motivation, preparation, and hard work you can easily qualify these competitive exams. They are simply the popular competitive exams, but in country like ours, there is no lack of opportunities for the hardworking students. So do not be wary of the future as you can crack these exams with right preparation material.
Students, in order to effectively practice clearing the entrance exams at different levels, must follow some basic but important guidelines:
- Increasing Vocabulary: The first hack to crack entrance exam is to build a reading habit- be it a newspaper, novel, books, biographies, and case studies. Reading a newspaper is one of the most beneficial way as it will help you develop business jargons of modern world. Having good command on language especially English and Hindi will be extremely helpful for students to understand and comprehend the question.
- Developing self-interest: Find out your key interests. developing and guide them in such a way that they can help you to achieve your goal.
- Time management: Time management is one of the important aspects to crack any competitive entrance exam. This not only applies to the study routine but also for attempting the paper as well. Practice the sample papers and the mock test papers to ensure the time management skillsby the time your exams start.
- Practice makes a man perfect: Practice, practice, and practice to achieve your goal. This is the most important for cracking any competitive exams. Ensure that your concepts are crystal clear and you know the right ways to solve questions within the timeframe.
- Prepare framework: Start from the basic step i.e. basic concepts and then move to higher and advanced levels of concepts. Go thoroughly the current affairs for sections like data sufficiency and general awareness. For verbal ability, one can go through newspapers, novels books etc.
With right ways and dedication, you will be able to pass any competitive exam you set your mind too.